Nepal has probably the easiest Visa procedure for any foreigners. If you don’t know the embassies or consulate of Nepal in your country then just book the ticket and fly to Nepal. You will get the Visa upon your arrival. If you are using the overland route from India and Tibet then immigration office at the border will issue the Visa.
The people of some countries like Nigeria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Cameroon, Iraq, Ethiopia etc. will not get the Visa upon their arrival at the immigration check posts on the overland borders.
Is Visa necessary for Tour in Nepal?
Yes, Visa is compulsory for all countries to do tour or trekking in Nepal except for the Indian nationals. Here is the list of the stationery items and details that you need to possess in order to get the Visa.
- Valid Passport at least six months
- Application Form filled at Airport or immigration check posts
- 2 Passport sized photos
- Visa Fees as applicable and should be the cash payment
Entry points to Nepal
- Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Eastern Nepal – Kakarvitta, Jhapa
- Central Nepal – Birjung, Parsa
- Northern Border – Kodari, Sindhupalchowk
- Western – Rupandehi (Belhiya, Bhairahawa)
- Mid-western – Banke (Jamuna, Nepalgunj)
- Far western – Kailali (Mohana, Dhangadhi) / Kanchanpur (Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar)
Visa Fees & Visa Extension
- 25 $ for 15 Days
- 40 $ for 30 Days and 100 $ for 90 Days
(Note: You can pay in dollars or equivalent convertible currency)
- Free Visa for SAARC nationals for up to 30 Days
- Indian people don’t require the Visa however if they are traveling via air proper identification document for e.g. passport or citizenship certificate should be shown. The children accompanying the parents below the age of 10 are not asked to show their IDs.
- Visa extension fee is $ 30 for 15 Days or less and extension beyond 15 days costs 2 $ per day. You can get the longest Visa of 150 days as per the extension clause. For more information please inquire immigration office or Nepalese embassies.
General Guidelines before entering Nepal
- It is illegal to stay in Nepal without Visa.
- Visa can only be obtained at airport, immigration office and embassies of Nepal.
- Visa fees are non refundable and non amendable.
- Visa Fees should be paid in cash.
- Children below 10 are not required for the Visa fee but should have passport.
- Always carry passport during the trekking or any kinds of touring activities in Nepal.
- For filming and documentary crew you have to get the special permit and have to follow the strict guidelines.
- Performing the activities beyond the cultural values, traditions and national interests of Nepal are strictly prohibited.